and we re-entered "routine" with a blast. This past weekend we had a wonderful time celebrating our friend's son's first birthday, and also Tyler's birthday. He has 29 beautiful years under his belt and claims to have one good year left before he has to "get his life together". ..Sweetie, I think you're there already... a growing, bountiful, promising career, a roof over our head with walls that contain too many precious memories to count, a well behaved and fun loving dog, a beautiful little boy who lights up our life, and of course Me ;) I am so proud of you!
I wanted to show my sweetie just how much I love him, so every year I plan something fun and special, and part of the traditions include his favorite cake- a gourmet, creamy delicious treat from our local Marble Slab. Last year the cake was decorated with such sentiment it brought tears to my sensitive little hubby's eyes, so this year I was super charged to live up to the expectations and couldn't wait to pick up the cake after specifying my request. And this is what the fabulous cake decorator came up with....
Exactly, WHAT the @#*%
I couldn't believe it and felt like a little low life presenting my "H" and "B" cake, especially after joining Mike and Katy and their celebration of JD. If cake decorating is a symbol of affection and true love, than I am humiliated. Martha Stewart (Katy, and in fairness her maiden name is Stewart) must have dedicated well over a 40 hour work week perfecting this beautiful piece of mouth watering, delicious art. No one could believe nor take their eyes off of this stunning cake. It was inspiring to witness her pastry chef abilities, and devastating to witness them hack right into the middle of the cake. ..But I quickly got over it when my taste buds took over. YUM!
Next year I hope to be more "Martha" like, in the mean time I hope my husband finds more ways to realize he is loved than my cake presentation. 91221




No comments:
New comments are not allowed.