This week has been full of tantrums, hair pulling, biting, pinching, and throwing food. What has gotten into my sweet little boy?!? Needless to say my patience has been tested and it has not been one of Collin's better weeks. Even at the heart of all the tantrums it is amazing how becoming a mother changes your heart forever and just when you thought you were capable of unconditional love, you really are given the gift or opportunity to love someone else more than ever.
Recently our mother's group has been talking about how becoming a mother has changed us. For me it has been nothing short of amazing. It's been a journey of growth, love and appreciation. Growth because the idea of slobber, snot, back wash, poop floating in the tub etc...it use to gross me out, and now it's no big deal, just a part of daily life. LOVE because although I use to feel love, now I really know what it means to be loved and needed, and what it really means to be responsible for someone else's well-being. Feeling my heart melt when Collin reaches up for a hug, or comes running across the room with an open mouth for a quick little kiss. And appreciation for a new found sense of youth. I laugh WAY more than I ever use to. It has been so much fun recapturing the world through the eyes of an innocent child. Watching his sense of exploration and ability to discover something new everyday in utter amazement.
Children are amazing and there is so much to learn from them. I am grateful everyday for the opportunity to be Collin's mother and that GOD has trusted me with his soul. ....Even on those days when he tantrums and bites the back of my legs as I am making dinner and fail to pick him up! I love you little boy JAMES xoxoxox




No comments:
New comments are not allowed.