Sunday, May 16, 2010

Speechless Sunday

Absolutely Speechless.

After a fun filled afternoon spent at Urgent care, I arrived home to a loud bang in the midst of "quiet" time.  Loud is never good during quiet time, then again absolute silence is usually a curse as well. 

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that Collin completely dismantled his bedroom while defying nap time, that he de-pants himself, both of clothing and diaper, or the fact that I'm nursing an index finger that swallowed my heart, doubled it's size and took on the color Barney.

IMG_1469IMG_1470

Collin managed to over turn his dresser, emptying it of it's contents. Unmade his bed, entirely, down to the mattress.  Emptied half a bottle of purell contents onto the carpet, ripped out one-by-one a brand new box of diaper wipes, played 100 card pick-up with his stash of diapers, and shredded a few favorite reads and tractor decals.

Collin's response to the entire episode " What happened in here? That's crazy" And as consequences were made, toys, tractors, and a dresser removed Collin said "Thank you Daddy, Thank you. Do you think Kaylie would like them mama?"

     IMG_1476

As it turns out I have acute paronychia brought on by too much housework. Thank you Collin, my love, for helping me to nurse my finger back to health.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say your little man does not like nap time. I bet you didn't want to face that after spending time in urgent care. You have a challenge on your hands. Good luck with that! See you soon. Love ya, Cindy

    ReplyDelete