This Valentine's Day was full of surprises, especially given that V-day is typically not observed in our household. A certain family member believes it is an over commercialized Hallmark day for individuals to redeem themselves and recapture the love of their pookies . And when your class A, or as my brother-in-law calls himself "a perfect specimen" there really isn't a need to celebrate V-Day. BUT, If you twist someone's arm hard enough, or bat your eyelashes just the right way, a man is capable of picking up on those tiny little hints.
For me, my day started out textbook.
The hubby arose early to grab the kids as I lay nestled in the sheets. And as I awoke, the aroma of my favorite caffeinated beverage awaited me. What better way to start the day than with Starbucks. And the love didn't end there, I received a beautiful, sentimental card, followed by the latest excitement of my life, Canon Rebel.
Yes, my morning was picture perfect. Pun 100%, completely, totally intended.
Stay tuned for many, Many More beautiful pics to come.
Thanks honey bunches.
As for the afternoon, little boy James finally conquered defying nap time.
He became an escape artist. He has learned to release himself from bondage, from the confinement of the jail bars. And as dreaded, a big boy bed is in the very near future.
Hello more sleepless nights, we've been waiting for you.
And what better way to celebrate the escape than to destroy your new "big boy" tractor/truck room.
I was blissfully delighted at the thought that my little boy was finally again capable of putting himself to sleep for naps and with the sound of complete silence I was convinced he had fallen asleep. I was tickled and had to grab a peek.
To my surprise...no he was not sleeping, not sleeping at all. Instead, he was celebrating. As I carefully opened the door, there he was rejoicing in his escape, grinning from ear-to-ear, waving his shredded tractor wall decals and a few of his favorite reads.
Not so picture perfect.





No comments:
Post a Comment