Monday, December 14, 2009

We Survived ......

....the weekend.

A number of things stick out regarding this past weekend, in no particular order.

For one, the kids have been a little under the weather and as a beautiful consequence mommy and daddy have had to learn how to survive off of less than four hours of interrupted sleep per night for the past week. They don't teach you that in parenting 101.

As a result of that nasty little flu virus, we have reluctantly had to miss out on several of the holiday festivities that were previously planned, including visiting with Santa and his reindeer. So after Collin had an upward swing and bounced back to being himself I promised him we would go find Santa in the form of glistening lights throughout our neighborhood. We bundled up, and Collin strapped into his "sleigh" ( our push buggy) and we left home with our own little reindeer Tucker. And much to Collin's happiness we found Santa, not on his legendary sleigh, but even better, he arrived by motorcycle. Collin was thrilled!

My favorite....Hark the Harold angels as they caroled over baby Jesus in his manger. When suddenly out of the corner of my eye I realized that our little reindeer Tucker had gently lifted his hind leg and let out a little whiz right on baby Jesus. I don't think that's how it went down in Bethlehem.

 

And number three, we had a marvelously spectacular visit with Santa. Kaylie loved being cozied up next to Jolly Old Saint Nick's jelly belly, and Collin was so jazzed to tell Santa how silly he was for riding to town on his motorcycle, and wanted to share his desire for more trucks, trains and tractors.

Santa's response a belly laughing "Ho-Ho-Ho"

100_3744

100_3741

100_3745

 

And lastly, and absolutely, positively, definitely not the least significant, I found my first gray hair. Me...speechless. Still at this moment, completely speechless. Leaving my twenties does not appear to be very kind.

As I look in the review mirror I no longer see that youthfulness. Instead, a wrinkled brow (which I assure you, Kellie is aggressively trying to help my treat), that thirty something mustache that appears out of nowhere, and now apparently the gray has also settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment