Monday, September 28, 2009

Sunday Blessings

I LOVE weekends! I love that my wonderful hubby is home, and we get to celebrate being a family all day long. I love the fun outings we plan, the lazy mornings, the extra trips to Starbucks. I love just spending time with each other and watching my favorite man and little boy

 

giggle, play, and tackle yard work together. Many things light up Collin's world, but nothing excites him quite like tractors and lawn mowers, so like every weekend, Collin and Daddy tackle the yard work and Collin helps to mow the grass. 

100_3406 100_3407

As for Kaylie and I, we supervise!

100_3408

I love Sunday mornings and being reminded that nobody is perfect, in fact life is all about constant change, embracing our imperfections and trying to improve them to better ourselves, our families, our communities and our spiritual health. Life is also about accepting our imperfections, and that's why my Sunday walk of shame is a little easier to swallow.

We all know I have cell phone trouble (Phoneless in Seattle) and despite my tireless efforts to improve, my cell phone just won't behave. This past Sunday, as we loaded the car, I carefully tucked my beloved "on loan" cell phone into the secure little pocket of my diaper bag, the safe little pocket that my cell phone travels in during all of our little outings.  As we arrived at our destination, we released Collin into the loving hands of the nursery volunteers, participated in worship, and service, greeted our neighbors and then departed for home to enjoy the beautiful, last few rays of Seattle sunshine before winter sets in. As we walked through the foyer and headed to our car, a desperate female began chasing me into the parking lot.

In a sweet little voice she said "Is this yours" holding out a cell phone.

Her " I've been asking everyone I could, is it yours or not"

Me "aahhhh" I was speechless.

It looked like my phone, felt like my phone, had the same wall paper as my phone, but how could it be my phone. My Phone was securely placed in my diaper bag. ..or was it? Unbeknownst to me, my cell phone had leapt right out of my diaper bag pocket, tumbling to the ground to be forgotten. I am SO SORRY PARKER!  And thank you kind hearted female who chased my through the foyer, into the parking lot to return my forgotten phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment