Monday, January 19, 2009

Call to Service

Today Collin and I answered President elects call to service to help renew America. We joined our community and local mother's group and helped support Maple Valley's Vine Maple Place, an organization which provides transitional housing and support services for homeless children and their families.  We participated in the food and toiletry drive and also helped clean up our local lake.

Collin and I enjoyed  basking in the sun, an extremely rare sight in January, and collecting trash along the lake and trails. Tucker joined us, and his pledge to help renew America was to chase after the ducks, run through the lake, and attempted to steal each piece of garbage I collected.  He was a tremendous help in increasing our length of time of service.

Something about our community coming together during this period of transformation was inspiring and the sense of hope lingering throughout is beautiful. 

No comments: